[gNewSense-users] Boot speed

From: Lars Noodén
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Boot speed
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 14:34:07 +0300

Thanks for fixing the installer fpr gNewSense 3.0.  It runs to
completion now.  I have two questions about the installation.

First, during the installation it appears that it might be necessary to
choose mbr instead of gpt.  I tried several ways using GPT but only got
errors when trying to boot even when booting manually via PMON.

Second, booting using boot.cfg is very slow.  Is there a way to speed
that up?  Here is the relevant part of boot.cfg

   title gNewSense parkes - hda1
        kernel (wd0,0)/boot/vmlinuz-3.5.3-gnu
        initrd (wd0,0)/boot/initrd.img-3.5.3-gnu
        args console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/sda1 resume=/dev/sda5
libdata.force=80c machtype=8.9

Regards,
/Lars