Re: [gNewSense-users] I want install gnewsense into mitac 6133

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I want install gnewsense into mitac 6133
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:44:30 +0200

Francesco Cardi wrote:
I rebooted and typed  linux noapic nolapic acpi=off irqpoll pci=noacpi
pnpbios=off starts without error, but after loading the kernel remains
a black screen with cursor.

That looks pretty failsafe. I'm not sure if any of those parameters might get in each others way.

Parameters are correct that I am writing to boot the kernel? I have to
use different parameters to start the system?

Maybe a vga boot parameter [1] helps?

[1] http://linuxandfriends.com/2008/09/17/vga-modes-used-linux/