Re: [gNewSense-users] LibreOffice for Parkes

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] LibreOffice for Parkes
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:05:01 +1000

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 17:23:39 +0200
al3xu5 / dotcommon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Il giorno domenica 08/04/2012 16:23:04 CEST
> "Dmitry Samoyloff" <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>

> > Are there LibreOffice packages for Parkes (on Yeeloong)?
>
> I am not sure... but I do not know about LO packages "for" Parkes.
>

> > What is the preferred method to install it on Parkes currently?
>
> Debian has LO 3.4.6 packages in squeeze backports [1], which should
> be suitable for Parkes too.
>
> If you wish the latest release, it is available (.tar.gz files) at
> libreoffice.org [2]. The installing procedure is described in the
> wiki [3] (which refers to LO 3.3.0... but things are similar...)
>
> [1] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze-backports/libreoffice
> [2] http://www.libreoffice.org/download/
> [3] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/LibreOffice

Note there are various freedom related bugs against openoffice, you
should manually check if these apply to the packages you are installing
(please refer to our bugtracker for the specifics)
thanks,

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK7FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au
*** I've changed GPG key to 6C097260 ***