Re: [gNewSense-users] Backup methods

From: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Backup methods
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 11:24:21 +0200

Il giorno domenica 08/04/2012 11:14:05 CEST
Stayvoid <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> ... And what is the right way to copy these dirs?
> (I remember that I had some problems with hardlinks.)

= grsync =

To sync-backup data with grsync [1] I am using the
attached /home/<username>.grsync/grsync.ini configuration file.
You can edit the configuration file manually or by the GUI.
Setting up the settings is really quick and easy.
There are a lot of settings (grsync is a GUI for rsync) also related to symlink
and hardlinks...
As you can see I have a section to sync-backup my 'home' and a 'MYDATA'
folder to the corresponding folders I have on a external disk (to preserve
the hardware and data, I manually turn on and mount the external disk only the
time stictly needed to perform the sync-backup...)

= sbackup =

To backup system files with sbackup [2] I am using the attached
/etc/sbackup.conf configuration file.
I raccomend using the latest sbackup .deb packages [3].
You can edit the configuration file manually or by the GUI (admin rights are
requested).
Setting up the settings is quick and easy. You can define more than a profile.
As you can see, the [dirconfig] section let you define which folders to
include or exclude and the [exclude] section define which files to exclude from
the backup.

[1] http://www.opbyte.it/grsync/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbackup/
[3] https://launchpad.net/~nssbackup-team/+archive/ppa