Re: [gNewSense-users] [OT] wifi adapter (USB)

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] [OT] wifi adapter (USB)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 01:33:47 +0400

> Wifi adapters which use these chipset do not require any non-free
> driver/firmware:
> - ath5k
> - ath9k
> - rtl8187
> - rt2500
> So they should work with the 100% free distros!
>
>> What do you use?
>
> I have a NetGear WG111v3 (ID 0846:4260) 54 Mbps USB [chipset: Realtek
> RTL8187B].

I've found this one:
NetGear WNA1100-100RUS

Someone commented that it works with Fedora 15 "out of the box" and
uses ath9k_htc.

Is it free? I can't find the proper specs.
And there is no information connected with the licensing on this page. [1]

[1] http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc

Cheers