[gNewSense-users] Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01) w

From: Stayvoid
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Broadcom Corporation BCM43224 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 01) without proprietary firmware
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:49:34 +0300

Hi there!

I'm trying to configure wlan on my laptop. I've found several guides
on the topic, but all of them require to install non-free software.
[1, 2] I'm looking for a way to make it work without proprietary
software. Someone told me that it's possible with OpenFWWF. [3] But I
have no experience in patching. Could you help me with this? What
should I do?

I'm using the latest Linux-libre kernel (3.2.4).
(I've also sent a BCC to the debian-user list.)

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/brcm80211#Squeeze
[2] http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Device_firmware_installation
[3] http://www.ing.unibs.it/~openfwwf/

Cheers