[gNewSense-users] [Virtual Terminal] Changing the keyboard layout.

From: r. siddharth
Subject: [gNewSense-users] [Virtual Terminal] Changing the keyboard layout.
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:06:53 +0530

Howdy everyone,

I wanted to change the keyboard layout of the virtual terminal to Dvorak.

I found that the 'loadkeys dvorak' command at command line does change the layout to Dvorak, therefore I added this command to the /etc/rc.local file ( the commented part of this file says "This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.").

Now every time my computer starts, the rc.local is executed and the virtual terminal's layout is set to Dvorak. Perfect, everything works fine. But, I don't really know if this is the right way to change the layout of the virtual terminal. Is there a better way to change the layout of the virtual terminal ?. Please let me know and thanks for your help.

postscript:
I am writing a page (website documentation) on Dvorak, this page will have details on how to change the layout to Dvorak in gNewSense. Therefore, your answer will definitely influence what will go into the documentation.
--
r. siddharth
www.gnewsense.org/sddhrth