Re: [gNewSense-users] How to update to metad?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] How to update to metad?
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 22:16:57 +0100

Wesley Kohne wrote:
Is Lemote the most favourite system of gNS?

As far as I know, the Lemote Yeeloong is one of very few laptops that can run free firmware and (together with the Fuloong) the only pc that is sold with free firmware pre-installed. It's good to complement that with a free operating system.

If you mean "does gNewSense work best with the Yeeloong", then the answer is: it works. :)

[1] http://www.fscorsica.org/lkos-en.html
Thank you, but when I try to install the linux-header
(http://www.fscorsica.org/gnewsense/linux-headers-2.6.37-libre-planet_2.6.37-libre-planet-10.00.Custom_i386.deb) I got an error message that said: "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libc6"

But there's no newer libc6 in repository (v 2.7-10ubuntu8).

Can you add the needed version to the repository and/or the libre-kernel-2.6.37 LKOS for gNewSense, both headers and image?

The LKOS packages were made by an enthousiastic user. We don't offer support for them, so we will not be updating libc6. The image should work, so hopefully that is enough to solve your issue.