Re: [gNewSense-users] How to install Gnewsense on a Yeelong Notebook wit

From: Snoopys Woodstock
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] How to install Gnewsense on a Yeelong Notebook without CD-rom?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:47:28 +0100 (BST)

> Stop the graphical interface from the console with
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop
> (Replace kdm with gdm if it's GNOME's login manager.)
>
> Then start it again with
>
> LC_ALL=C startx

This works, thanks. but ... seems that some higher power wants me to proove in
serenity. Because I can't install debootsrap, bzr, gparted, ... I'm always
getting failure messages about's not possible to remove/delete several temp
files. I've tried to remove them by hand but when I try to intall or upgrade
they are back. So that's why I tried out to install Debian 6 "Wheezy" but at
the intallation point when the system is ready to reboot, it doesn't reboot.
And when I boot it from myselfe, I get a boot failure message. OK then I've
tried out to get a dist on usb to install it. Now I can't decompress it.

So at all I'm sure it's my own problem on one hand and some software problem on
the other hand. I can solve my problem in having serenity till the installer
will work and the other problem will solved then, too.

For all your help I'm thankfull and I'm going to become a fellowship to the fsf.

thomas from germany