Re: [gNewSense-users] I am unable to boot from vmlinuz-2.6.33.3-libre-le

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I am unable to boot from vmlinuz-2.6.33.3-libre-lemote since upgrade
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:55:16 +0200

Christophe Jarry wrote:
The rootfs entries are interesting. I believe they are used by initrd, but should be overwritten by proper /dev entries later in the boot process.

Maybe are they not overwritten because I use UUID to boot.

I don't see it when booting with UUID.

So the kernels see the partitions, but .33.3 doesn't have the device files. Then I think there's some problem with udev. Check the output of "udevinfo --export-db" with both kernels to know if udev sees your disk.

For both kernels:

    $ sudo udevinfo --export-db
    bash: udevinfo: command not found

and `apt-cache search udevinfo` gives no output.

Ah, udevinfo used to be an alias for udevadm. So try "sudo udevadm info --export-db" instead.

Also see if you can find your partitions in /dev/disk/.

Under 2.6.33.3:

    $ ls /dev/disk -l
    ls: cannot access /dev/disk: No such file or directory

So udev and that kernel don't get along, but I don't know why.