Re: [gNewSense-users] icecat problems

From: Tor at Shared Genius
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] icecat problems
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 19:37:09 -1000

Snoopys Woodstock wrote:

> [...]

This is the GNUzilla privacy extension.  You can disable it if you want,
but you lose its privacy features.  Your choice, really.  I have a screen
large enough that it doesn't bother me too much.  Actually I have an
older computer, and find it preferable to browse with noscript as well to
reduce the number of scripts that start running with often upwards of 100
tabs/windows open.

> For which website(s) do you get the crashes? What does the big window
> look like?
>
> On Yahoo.de for example. I've added attachments.

This looks like the warning that is approximately (I don't read German,
sorry) "A script on this page has stopped responding.  It may be busy or
waiting for input."

If it is this, then at the bottom of the dialog box (hold alt, click near
the bottom, and drag up) there should be buttons that translate to
"Continue" and "Stop script".  Not sure why you are getting this,
although the javascript handler for DeltaH seems to be a little old and
therefore not work as well as would be nice.

Tor

- --
GPG Key: 2BE1 426E 34EA D253 D583 9DE4 B866 0375 134B 48FB
      *Be wary of unsigned emails*