Re: [gNewSense-users] I am unable to boot from vmlinuz-2.6.33.3-libre-le

From: xdrudis
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I am unable to boot from vmlinuz-2.6.33.3-libre-lemote since upgrade
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 23:01:12 +0200

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 09:07:42PM +0200, Christophe Jarry wrote:

>     sudo sed -i 's/sda/hda/' /etc/fstab
>
> Then I reboot.

Sorry if I misundestood the problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just
replace the device filename in fstab with UUID=.... ?

You can get the UUID values with blkid . They won't change when
you change kernel version and the device filename changes. But
they will change when you reformat the partition (not sure if this could
be avoided)

the kernel parameter for the root partition can also use UUID.