Re: [gNewSense-users] installing error

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] installing error
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 21:15:52 +0200

Raphael Balarini wrote:
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>wrote:
P.S.: Please reply to the mailing list so that others can also benefit from
discussion.

Again, please keep the discussion public. Use "Reply to list" or "Reply to all" in your mail client.

  When you say debootstrapping method You mean to follow these steps?

http://www.gnewsense.org/Documentation/DebootstrappingGNewSense3

Im n00b understanding these steps, how can I do the bootstrapping step

$ bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnewsense/packages/debootstrap/

if I have nothing on the hard drive? Im starting from zero when trying to
install gnewsense on the yeeloong lemote, Im stuck in this.

Boot the installer, let it configure the network and then switch to another console (Alt+F2). Hit Enter to get a prompt, mount the partition you want to install to (assuming you have one prepared) and run debootstrap like this:

debootstrap metad /mnt/gns3 http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense/

Then follow the rest of the steps from the debootstrap guide, but skip the "Configuring GRUB" part.

You should then be able to reboot into a newly installed minimal system.