Re: [gNewSense-users] Parkes Freedom Verification

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Parkes Freedom Verification
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:57:30 +0100

On Thursday 26 May 2011 18:13:51 Jason Self wrote:
> I'm running a FOSSology instance [1] to scan the repository and verify that
> everything is free software.
>
> All of the "A" packages [2] completed this morning, and I've filed the
> first bug report [3] using the information that FOSSology provided. More
> are coming as it found several packages with licenses that permitted only
> non-commercial use.
>
> Is anyone interested in helping me verify the freedom status of the
> upcoming Parkes release? Please contact me if so.
>
> [1] http://mistakenbear.com/
> [2] http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/pool/main/a/
> [3] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?33408

Interesting

Anyone like to contact the debian file packager.

On i386 the file is now GPLed somewhere along the way I am sure a conversation
too place with:

Paolo Severini address@hidden

However the "copyright" file in ~/atp-1.2/debian

This package was put together from sources obtained at:
  sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/printing/atp-1.2.tar.gz
by Hamish Moffatt <address@hidden>

there are some even more interesting comments in
changelog for the same version
lots of comments and bugs closed

my interest here is why does
apt-get source on i386 debian differ from mipssel