Re: [gNewSense-users] i've been searching information / patches to build

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] i've been searching information / patches to build icecat on loongson 2f
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 10:41:41 +0200

matti christensen wrote:

i just thought that it must be possible to build icecat on my Lemote machine as net is full of stories how RMS uses only the Lemote Yeelong - and he must have a browser on it, which must be icecat ...

RMS browses the Web via email, as far as I know. Besides, IceCat is not the only FSDG-compliant browser.

i also thought the only distribution must be GNS - but maybe i guessed wrong

I think he uses gNewSense on his Yeeloong, but I believe Parabola also works pretty well on the Yeeloong now.

P.S.: Please don't crosspost.