Re: [gNewSense-users] Not able to reach Login screen - Display issue

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Not able to reach Login screen - Display issue
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:01:17 +0200

> The complete log: https://gist.github.com/881a55d1d697a98c81b9

I don't see any problem there.  Maybe it's related to a different
package.  "Xorg" and "startx" both should work in this case.

>> > Btw, i think the issue might be due to the update i
>> made on my last
>> > login. From the list of updates some did not got
>> downloaded due to N/W
>> > problem at that time.
>>
>> It is possible, if X-related packages were updated.
>
> How can i fix it?

/var/log/aptitude or something in /var/log/apt should list the recently
updated packages (not sure if it was different on 2.3).  I don't know
how to fix it, unless reinstalling the packages or changing their
configuration works.