Re: [gNewSense-users] (no subject)

From: Emiliano M. Rudenick
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:42:41 -0300

> We don't have a free kernel in the archive yet, but you could
> easily install linux-libre of your own accord.
> thanks,
> kk

The kernel that comes default in Debian Squeeze is completely free.

"Another first is the completely free Linux kernel, which no longer
contains problematic firmware files. These were split out into separate
packages and moved out of the Debian main archive into the non-free area
of our archive, which is not enabled by default. In this way Debian
users have the possibility of running a completely free operating
system, but may still choose to use non-free firmware files if
necessary."