Re: [gNewSense-users] E: Some packages could not be authenticated

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] E: Some packages could not be authenticated
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:31:22 +1030

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 13:55:00 +0100
Stian Ellingsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:22 +1030
> Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Could you try this again in about 8 hours? I think we've worked it
> > out. If it still happens could you include the time (in UTC) that
> > you tried the update please?
>
> No improvement here:
> > apt-get update
> > apt-get dist-upgrade (or upgrade)
> WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
>   avahi-autoipd libavahi-common-dev libavahi-common-data
> libavahi-common3 ...
> Install these packages without verification [y/N]?
> E: Some packages could not be authenticated
>
> > If they don't work correctly:
> > date --utc
> Sun Mar 20 12:48:56 UTC 2011

Thanks,
I've had a look back through the logs and it looks like the Release.gpg
files aren't being generated correctly.

I'll try and track this down, but may not get to it until the weekend.
(I suspect I know what it is, "just" have to code it and test it...)

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au