Re: [gNewSense-users] Checking On Board

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Checking On Board
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:11:36 +0100

Lev Lazinskiy wrote:
Good morning everyone,

I am just writing to say hello. I am new to the group. I have been using
Linux for many years, but am just trying out gnewsense for the first time. I
am a big supporter of the philosophy of Free software, and hope to be able
to help in any way that I can.

Welcome. I assume you've not only been using the kernel, but also GNU (and other free software). We refer to the operating system as GNU/Linux.

As far as what I can do,

I am lacking many of the technical skills that would make me truly useful to
the project, I am in the process of learning python etc..

Never a bad thing.

I have decent web design skills (HMTL, CSS), and am also learning server
side scriptiing now.

I believe there's one or two bugs about the website still open [1].

I would like to help in any way that I can,

Knowing how to create/modify Debian packages is also a useful skill. But there are many other ways in which you can help [2].

If you want to talk further about gNewSense development you're welcome on the gnewsense-dev mailing list or #gnewsense-dev on Freenode.

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs?group=gnewsense
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp