[gNewSense-users] GNS installed on Fuloong Mini

From: samy boutayeb
Subject: [gNewSense-users] GNS installed on Fuloong Mini
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 08:35:30 +0100

So far, we have another Mips platform ready for gNewsense, with the
Fuloong Mini installed and running!

I used finally again Matti's installation files in
http://www.otavalaiset.net/stuff/
newinitrd.gz
vmlinux-2.6.37-libre-lemote

because I had no luck with the  initrd_2.6.37_metad_0.2.gz provided

After booting from usb, I executed folloging commands on the PMON
prompt:
load (usb0,0)/fuloong/vmlinux-2.6.37-libre-lemote
g console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/sda1 rootdelay=8

Specify a mirror with "archive.gnewsense.org" (hostname) and
"/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense" directory

Then
cp /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/sid /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/metad
in order to work around the missing metad script

Copy the modules found in initrd.gz to /target/lib/modules
in order to avoid following error message at boot time:

FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.37-libre-lemote/modules.dep: No
such file or directory

resulting in a non-working keyboard

Create a /target/boot/boot.cfg with following text:

default 0
timeout 3
showmenu 1
title gNewSense metad - sda1
        kernel (wd0,0)/boot/vmlinux-2.6.37.7-librebre
        args console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/sda1 rootdelay=8

After rebooting, start the system

BTW, the PMON graphical interface may be accessed with the <b> button

Then, install eventually a few missing files related to Gnome (as seen
in aptitude)

Then, enjoy a GUI with gnome and the gNewSense artwork!

Thanks again to all people who contributed to this result!

"Happy hacking" (TM) -;)

Samy