Re: [gNewSense-users] meld+pygtk dependency problem

From: Ivan Ivanov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] meld+pygtk dependency problem
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:30:18 +0200

На Fri, 28 Jan 2011 21:15:30 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> написа:

> Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Meld depends on pygtk2.6 or later, but in the distribution there is
> > Package: python-gtk2
> > Version: 2.12.1-0ubuntu1
> >
> > I suppose that it is better to remove the meld package from the
> > distro, couse it is not functional. In the dependences list of meld
> > btw is written, that it depends on python-gtk2 (>= 2.4). The 2.6
> > dependency problem I've encountered was an error message written by
> > meld on startup. It is strange that aptitude installed meld without
> > any problems, despite I do not have installed the required version
> > of python-gtk2.
>
> I could install and run meld without a problem. When I launch it from
> a terminal I don't see any error message. What exactly is the error
> message written by meld? What version of meld are you using (check
> "apt-cache policy meld" and Help -> About)?

$ apt-cache policy meld
meld:
  Installed: 1.1.5.1-2ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1.1.5.1-2ubuntu1
  Table with versions:
 *** 1.1.5.1-2ubuntu1 0
        500 http://bg.archive.gnewsense.org deltah/universe Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I cannot see Help -> About because it is terminating before open :)

Here is the error in the console:
$ meld
No module named pygtk
Meld requires pygtk2.6.0 or later.

(The messages are translated in bulgarian, so I did reverse translation
and it could be wrong, but I suppose you've got it :))