Re: [gNewSense-users] Wired network problems with Atheros 8152

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Wired network problems with Atheros 8152
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:13:09 +0100

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 11:07:37 -0800 (PST), arun prasath <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear All,
I am Arun.I am a new gnewsense (deltah) user.I am running gnewsense
on an Inspiron N4010 laptop manufactured by Dell.The processor is
Intel -i5 460M.I am not able to connect to a wired LAN connection
which works very well with Windows 7 which came pre-installed on the
system.I found out that the ethernet controller used on the system is
manufactured by Atheros .The model name is Atheros 8152 . Network
manager does not detect the device.As a result I am not able to
connect to LAN.
Infact my USB ports ,sound devices also do not function.But this is
not a severe problem right now.I need to have a working internet
connection which is essential for me.
Could anybody help me to solve the problem?

With Best Regards,
ArunPrasath V

Hello Arun and welcome to gNewSense!

Maybe your wired card is supported on a more recent kernel.

Try downloading and installing this one:

http://www.fscorsica.org/kernel/linux-image-2.6.37-libre-planet_2.6.37-libre-planet-10.00.Custom_i386.deb

--
Graziano Sorbaioli
Founder, LibrePlanet Italia