Re: [gNewSense-users] USA computer vendor is now loading Trisquel

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] USA computer vendor is now loading Trisquel
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 12:13:41 +0100

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 13:00:11 -0800 (PST), address@hidden wrote:
A vendor of GNU/Linux computers in the USA, ZaReason, has just begun
selling computers with Trisquel pre-installed. Since Trisquel uses the linux-libre kernel like gNewSense, most likely gNewSense will run fine
on their computers.

Other distros that it pre-loads are Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Edubuntu,
Fedora, Linux Mint, and Debian.

Below is some text from their January 4, 2011 Newsletter:
(http://zareason.com/shop/news.php)

ZaReason: Getting even Free-er

With a new year comes new freedoms. If you love freedom as much as we
do, you'll be happy to hear we are beginning to ship a FSF-approved
distro named Trisquel: http://trisquel.info/

Several ZaReason computers are optimized for Trisquel:
our popular Terra HD, our ever-so-slim Hoverboard, and our
professional line, the Strata Pros.

--pete

Yes I already knew it.

Even LacLinux is investigating about providing Trisquel as an option (they already preinstall gNewSense deltah on their thinkpads).

When gNewSense 3.0 (Parkes) will be out I will contact those companies to advocate also gNewSense 3 as an option.

--
Graziano Sorbaioli
gNewSense Community Manager