Re: [gNewSense-users] instalation on Lemote Yeeloong

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] instalation on Lemote Yeeloong
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 13:53:53 -0500 (ECT)

>> but I did not test it because I configured it to boot directly from
>> PMON. I will test booting with GRUB today to help that get solved.
>
> Thanks. If you encountered the issue then packages grub-yeeloong and
> yeeloong-base are probably not installed (or only partially installed),
> so that could be a clue. File /var/log/installer/syslog will show you
> what happened during installation.

Can't connect to internet with Lemote right now because I only have a USB
modem that I can't manage to use in gNewSense yet but the file you ask for
has this: "Creating config file /etc/defaut/grub with new version" and
"Installation finished. No error reported."

On the installation I chose not to install additional packages. I rebooted
and ran taskel to install "desktop" and "print server". I didn't even need
to set up the boot variable on PMON, just edited /boot/boot.cfg for PMON
boot.

I would like to have updated instructions on the wiki so if anybody would
add to it any new suggestion to make a light and functional installation
(or with another desktop for example) it would be great. I will use those
steps and modify the wiki depending on the present tested installation. I
can post all of the info from packages and results (such as
/var/log/installer/syslog) to make the guide more detailed. Is that OK?

--
Saludos.

Quiliro Ordóñez
(593)9-8218696