Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem with the mouse cursor

From: Nic Alvaro
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem with the mouse cursor
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:46:05 -0500

On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 14:51 +0300, Vladimir B. Tsarkov wrote:
> Good afternoon!
>
> > Hi, I have gNewSense with all updates. But sometimes the cursor become
> > crazy, and I can't control it with the mouse. The cursor do many clicks
> > in some apps launchers, in shutdown computer panel, in menu and so on.
> > Suddenly, I retrieve the control of it. But then I need close many apps
> > and cancel many panels. I don't know if someone are facing the same
> > problem? As I remember, I have this problem from some weeks ago.
>
> May be someone remotely controles your computer?
> I don't think that such kind of behaviour of a cursor
> can be of another origin.

I believe it is most likely a hardware configuration issue.

I had a laser mouse that was hard to control. I also recall that those
laptop trackpads can also be hard to control and that they can open
applications as you accidently rub the trackpad making a click without
realizing it. Presently, I use an old school PS/2 serial mouse with the
ball. Have you tried using a basic mouse?