Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot

From: Harry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Computer Won't Boot
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 09:47:14 -0500

Sorry, that message got cut short. Continuing...

Thanks for your help Paul.

Unfortunately I couldn't open a terminal from the LiveCD. After further inspection I was able to determine that the CD only spins for five or so minutes after the computer boots, and after that point everything starts to freeze up and not work. I could open a terminal in the first five minutes usually, but l could never finish typing the commands before everything started freezing. I figured a USB couldn't do this, so I bought a 2 GB stick and used FUSBi to load gNewSense on it. As suspected, the USB made the OS act as normal. When I try to run sudo cat /dev/zero > /dev/sda1 though, I get "bash: /dev/sda1: Permission denied". I definitely put sudo there... Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone