[gNewSense-users] dual monitors question

From: dww
Subject: [gNewSense-users] dual monitors question
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 00:27:47 -0500

I have a IBM Lenovo T500 laptop with a 15' monitor.

I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop and use the laptop
monitor as primary and the external as secondary display.

Before I attempted, the Screen Resolution app indicated that the display
was the 15" Laptop correctly. I connected the external and could not get
it to work including clicking Detect Display in the Screen Resolution
app and there the display was indicated as Unknown. I fixed that by
running 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' from  the command line  before
the Gnome login.

How do I set up for dual monitors for gNewSense?

Thanks

Dennis