Re: [gNewSense-users] switching from ubuntu to gNewSense

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] switching from ubuntu to gNewSense
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:34:59 +0100

> I'm using ubuntu lenny and i'd like to switch to gNewSense. I have no
> CD-drive (Is this English?) and booting from USB-stick just doesn't.

Lenny is Debian 5, not Ubuntu which has similarly named 10.04 Lucid.
Ubuntu can be changed into Trisquel [0] (I haven't used this script),
which is a free GNU/Linux distribution based on newer Ubuntu versions.

gNewSense 3 will be based on Debian and there are no repositories
available now, except for a beta based on different Debian version with
installation media available only for mipsel.

[0]
http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/migrate-ubuntu-trisquel-without-reinstalling