Re: [gNewSense-users] compiling FFmpeg with X11grab support

From: ben
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] compiling FFmpeg with X11grab support
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 00:19:24 +0200

hello wilfredo,

you can avoid messing up your system by installing ffmpeg locally, that
is somewhere into a directory in your home directory, by using a
"--local" or "--prefix" option with the configure, say

$ ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-x11grab
--prefix=/home/wilfredo/ffmpeg_dir

in this way, if something doesn't work, you can simply delete the
directory and try again.

you should find more about this in the installation instructions.

greetings