[gNewSense-users] Re: Problem in installing Openofiice 3.2

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Problem in installing Openofiice 3.2
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:04:09 +0200

Karunakaran .M wrote:
Dear friends,

The suggestion worked well. Many thanks,

I removed all OOo applications supported by ubuntu repository and
re-installed OO 3.2 from the downloaded deb package. Now it works OK.

I suppose older version is to be removed first and newer version to be
installed afterwards. In the wiki page, the procedure is given in the other
way. No idea whether I am correct in my statement. In case if I am right in
my opinion, I request wiki-team to modify that wiki page accordingly.

Karunakaran

There could be some freedom issues [1] with the version of OpenOffice.org you installed. I added a warning to the wiki page [2]. If someone want to look into this, that'd be great. It's entirely possible that there is no problem as long as you have the openoffice.org-fix package from the gNewSense repository installed.

[1] http://libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines#OpenOffice.org
[2] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/UpgradingOOo