Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watchi ng video clips in web pages wi

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watchi ng video clips in web pages without flash - Lin terna Mágica
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:25:57 +0300

On 12.09.2010 09:40, Vladimir B. Tsarkov wrote
Try to link the libraries for these plugins
(libtotem-cone-plugin.so, libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so).
I linked these two libraries.[...]
The "Waiting for video plugin.." problem remains.

Are any of the other plugins (xine; vlc) installed? This looks like
the bug I was talking about earlier. With two or more plugins installed,
that can handle the same mime types, playback does not start or the
plugin that start is not the one referred by the browser's
navigator.mimeTypes["video/flv"].enabledPlugin object. To solve this,
remove all plugins and then install just the one you will use. First
check if there are several records for "video/flv" or "video/mp4" at
"about:plugins".

Other than that? Some configurations for plugins in "about:config"?
Are those plugins enabled in "Tools/Add-ons" ? Are you using NoScript
(or something similar) and have configured it to block/not load
browser plugins?  To figure this out, you can test the installed
plugins at "Plugger testing ground", [1] as recommended by GNU IceCat's
web page.  Even better, you could check the simple test page [2] I've
put together for video/flv and video/mp4 capable plugins.

[1] http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/test.html
[2] http://e-valkov.org/linterna-magica/plugins-test-page.html

Links on libswfdecmozilla.so, libtotem-complex-plugin.so, libgnashplugin.so,
mozplugger.so are dead.

Do you have these packages installed? The path for Gnash is valid.

$  dpkg -L mozilla-plugin-gnash |grep .so
 /usr/lib/gnash/libgnashplugin.so

# less /usr/lib/xulrunner-addons/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so
/usr/lib/xulrunner-addons/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so: No such file or
directory

I do not know which package provides this file. It should be
totem-mozilla, but it is missing in Trisquel too. Might be a version
issue. If it is provided by totem-gstreamer, I think the path will
differ.