Re: [gNewSense-users] Need a printer for my computer - I think I found o

From: Manolinux
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Need a printer for my computer - I think I found one "HP F2480"
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:19:57 +0200

Fortunately, now most printers are usable with free software drivers.

If you are thinking in using an HP printer, you can check if that
printer is supported by hplip (which is the name of the free software
driver for HP printers), in this page:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/index.html

My recommendation is that you find a printer which you like, and after
you look into that page, I think you are very likely to be lucky.

Even if you are sure that this driver is supported, you should ask to
the shop if the driver is usable with "Linux". They possibly will not
know, but at least we create certain consciousness that it is
important.

Mu.