Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watching video clips in web pages wi

From: ben
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Solution for watching video clips in web pages without f lash - Linterna Mágica
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 22:24:14 +0200

Good evening.

There is also the very easy to use youtube-dl script [1] available. Its
code is in the public domain. It is a python script.

Usage:

(a)
create a directory
~/bin

(b)
download the file "youtube-dl" from [1] and put it in there

(c)
log out and reconnect (in order to add ~/bin to your path)

(d)
type
$ youtube-dl -t <URL>
in your terminal

(e)
a *.flv should be in your working directory. view it with xine, mplayer,...

I have not followed the entire discussion, so please apologize if this
program does not satisfy all of your usage criteria.

Greetings