[gNewSense-users] h-node.com new website for hardware database

From: Antonio Gallo
Subject: [gNewSense-users] h-node.com new website for hardware database
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:36:28 +0000 (GMT)

Hello guys,

I have built a website from scratch, wiki styled, in order to catalogue all the
hardware that works with a fully free Gnu/Linux Distribution. The website is
the following:
http://www.h-node.com

You can create a new account and add new hardware. All your modifications will
be saved in the history of the device you are adding/editing. You can add a
detailed description for every device and see the differences between a
revision of a device and the previous revision.

You have to indicate the distribution you are using for the test: only fully
free distros are allowed, according to the fsf list of fully free distributions
(BLAG, Dragora, Dynebolic, gNewSense, Music GNU+Linux, Trisquel, Ututo,
Venenux).

At the moment only notebooks, wifi cards and video cards can be added to the
archive but the website is rapidly growing and new types of hardware will be
added as soon as possible. I've tested (and inserted) all the hardware that I
own.

You can help the project by inserting new hardware in the database. I hope that
the hardware database could rapidly grow and help the free software community
and who wants to use a fully free GNU/Linux distribution.

thanks
buy
Antonio