Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Lemote Yeelong display as an e

From: Travis King
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Lemote Yeelong display as an electronic book reader.
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 00:51:15 -0600

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:11:30 -0400
Ted Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sending this to gNS-users, because it's far more appropriate than
> gNS-dev.

Ah, sorry. I was being a bit lazy with mailing.

> You can dim the display. I don't know if this would make reading
> easier, since while there wouldn't be as much light in your eyes,
> you'd have to work harder to read. A better solution would be
> installing something like Redshift[1] or getting some specialized
> computer glasses[2].

The glasses look like a great idea. I think I'll research more into
them as they're not terribly priced if I really want to read with the
device.

I haven't tried out redshift yet, but I plan to. Nice to know that
screen dimming is possible.

Thanks! I was so focused on augmenting the screen that I never thought
to augment my eyes.

--
end