Re: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense irc channel split?

From: Leo Rockway
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense irc channel split?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 22:10:22 -0300

On Friday 23 July 2010 17:48:44 address@hidden wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Today someone in the gNewSense irc channel proposed me to split #gnewsense
> in two different channels: one for support only and the other for offtopic
> chat only.
>
> The aim should be to provide a better support service for our users.
>
> Please tell me what you think about this idea.
>
> I would like to hear your opinions, suggestions, critics etc.
>
> --
> Graziano Sorbaioli

I don't think it's a good idea. I'm not in #gnewsense to provide free support,
I'm there to chat with people who think the same way I do concerning free
software. I might help somebody if I have the opportunity, but that's not the
main reason for being there. If the channel gets split I don't think I'd enter
#gnewsense. If other people think like I do then you'd be actually loosing
support people.

Besides, I don't think the channel is crowded enough to need the split. The
offtopic in #gnewsense can't really be that big thats somebody can't /ignore
if needed.

--
RMS Rose GNU/Linux-libre
http://rmsgnulinux.org