[gNewSense-users] Re: error installing mercurial in mipsel

From: Daniel Molina
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: error installing mercurial in mipsel
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:24:15 +0200

> When did you install mercurilal-common package?

I only did apt-get install mercurial, as far I remember.

> Are you using the official respositories? Is it possible that you
> installed mercurial-common from another repository or a .deb file?

My /etc/apt/sources.list file is this

deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense metad main
deb-src http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense metad
main
## gnewsense security
deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense-security
metad main
deb-src http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense-security
metad main

> Please, provide the ouptut of "dpkg -l | grep mercurial" and "dpkg -s
> mercurial-common".

$ dpkg -l | grep mercurial
ii  mercurial-common                     1.0.1-5.1
Scalable distributed version control system

~$ dpkg -s mercurial-commonPackage: mercurial-common
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 2360
Maintainer: Python Applications Packaging Team
<address@hidden>
Architecture: all
Source: mercurial
Version: 1.0.1-5.1
Replaces: mercurial (<< 1.0)
Depends: python (>= 2.4), python-support (>= 0.7.1)
Recommends: mercurial
Conflicts: mercurial (<< 1.0)
 Mercurial is a fast, lightweight Source Control Management system
designed
 for efficient handling of very large distributed projects.
 .
 Its features include:
  * O(1) delta-compressed file storage and retrieval scheme
  * Complete cross-indexing of files and changesets for efficient
exploration
    of project history
  * Robust SHA1-based integrity checking and append-only storage model
  * Decentralized development model with arbitrary merging between trees
  * High-speed HTTP-based network merge protocol
  * Easy-to-use command-line interface
  * Integrated stand-alone web interface
  * Small Python codebase
 .
 This package contain architecture independent files.
Homepage: http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/

> Also, try "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" before trying to
> install mercurial package.

I did it, but no new packages were downlodaded after purging mercurial.
And yes, I obtained the same error.