[gNewSense-users] Re: screen resolution problem on yeelong

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: screen resolution problem on yeelong
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:12:11 -0400

On 06/01/2010 04:54 PM, Daniel Molina wrote:
> When I connect an external screen to my yeelong it has the same
> resolution than the laptop and then characters (and everything) is
> zipped in the left-right sense. I see that xrandr don't works properly,
> then:
>
>  1) Do you have the same problems?
>  2) Is it possible to fix this problem with a magic Xorg.conf?
>  3) I have no knowledge about that configuration file then, in the
> postive case, can some one lend me a hand?

yeeloong with gnewsnese uses framebuffer driver. If you tell linux that
you have a 1024x768, it'll output that to the external monitor, but the
internal monitor will have a funky display. Details should be easy to
find in "loongson-dev" mailing list (sorry I can't get you a link, not
online atm).

--
        \|/      Daniel JB Clark | Activist; Owner
FREEDOM -+-> INCLUDED ~ http://freedomincluded.com