Re: [gNewSense-users] localization of gnome panel menu bar

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] localization of gnome panel menu bar
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:18:04 +0200

Vladimir B. Tsarkov schreef:
You can get the right language by typing

linux -- debian-installer/language=ru

at the "boot:" prompt.
Many thanks! It helped.

By the way, is it possible to add more *.mo
files in /usr/share/locale/ directory of
the live cd (in order to localize more applications
"out of box")?

The live CD is mostly for short term use (e.g. hardware testing, getting a feel for the OS). It's not worth the time and effort to add such files to the official live CD. We like to focus on freedom issues instead.

If you need a better localized live CD for yourself then you can try one of the live CD customization guides that are spread across the Web. Or you can run DeltaH Builder to roll your own live CD from scratch.

By the way, I put some boot parameters on a wiki page [1]. Add to it if you know more.

[1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/LiveCDBootParameters