Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion

From: Paul O'Malley
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:12:19 +0100

On 16/06/10 10:04, Manolinux wrote:
so... it seems that debian policies consider having unmodifiable
sections in GFDL a more serious issue for freedom than having non-free
software in their repos or binary blobs in the linux kernel...

Sorry to annoy you with an old topic, but I just learned that debian
mantains binary blobs in a separate package in the non-free repo
(meaning they do not consider it to be more serious than the
invariable sections), and I thought it would be fair to state it here.

Regards,
Mu.

Perhaps it would be worth someone's time to compare the Linux-libre effect and the debian kernel as it stands, I think there will be a gap in favour of LL

Regards
Paul