Re: [gNewSense-users] Boot problem

From: Nicolas Hussein
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Boot problem
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:10:35 +0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d'été))

Hi all,

I tried this morning :
- to boot from live-CD 2.3 : impossible, same problem as normal boot,
kernel panic ;
- to boot from live-CD 2.0 : idem ;
- to enter grub and boot with recovery mode : idem ;
- to enter grub and boot with older kernel : idem.

Then, I ran memtest. The 2 first passes went without any error. I had to
leave after 2nd pass, but I'll tell you the result as soon as possible.

As it is impossible to boot with live-CD, my guess is a hardware problem,
like motherboard. If it were a hard disk problem, it would be possible to
boot with live-CD.

What do you think ?

Thanks,
Nicolas

--
Professionnels et passionnés des transports publics
d'ÃŽle-de-France - <http://www.metro-pole.net>