Re: [gNewSense-users] maxima does not works in yeeloong

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] maxima does not works in yeeloong
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 19:46:56 +0200

> When I execute maxima on my yeeloong I obtained "Segmentation fault".
The same on my YeeLoong. Running gcl (the Common Lisp implementation
used by the Maxima package) gives the same error.

When I compiled manually the source package of Maxima using SBCL instead
of GCL (using the "./configure --enable-sbcl --prefix=$HOME ; make ;
make install" commands) it starts correctly and the testsuite passes
without unexpected errors.

I didn't check if newer patches in Debian's GCL change this (last GCL
release was in 2005). I don't know how to adapt Debian's files for
building the package to use non-GCL Lisp implementations for the Maxima
package.