Re: [gNewSense-users] Re:Learning GNU Emacs

From: Manolinux
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re:Learning GNU Emacs
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:11:10 +0200

I understood you were more noob in emacs. If you master the basics, I
strongly recommend you to go into regular expressions. Believe me,
that will make you incredibily powerful ;)

2010/6/2 Siddharth <address@hidden>:
> I liked dunnet , i will explore when I have time .

Dunnet is very geek, when I started with GNU/Linux, it made me learn
to use ftp (in command line) and other commands (you will understand
as you play).

> When I hit "M-x zone" [...]

Sorry, that was a little prank I allways desired to make to someone
(not a lot of emacser in my life) :P

> PDF in emacs , that's great , but is it possible to view PDFs in emacs
> if emacs is run in commandline ( I noramally prefer running emacs in
> commandline) .

This is the most common position. I respect it, but don't understand,
since the GUI allows to share the clipboard with other applications,
have several frames and use the mouse which can be useful in some
modes.

I don't really use emacs for PDF feature, but it was quite surprising
when I accidentally opened a PDF file in emacs.

Mu.