Re: [gNewSense-users] WRT54GH

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] WRT54GH
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 19:04:17 +0200

Graziano schreef:
On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:40:20 -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden>
wrote:

Note that the current fully free software embedded distribution, also
known as LibreWRT is in development.

Feel free to help them:

http://librewrt.freedsoftware.org/wiki?name=LibreWrt

Thank you so much, Graziano, for your comments. I'm glad there is a
libre
implementation.

I do not have this router but was thinking of buying it if it worked
with
100% libre software and firmware.

Some suggested choices:

http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Mesh

A colleague recently pointed the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND [1] out to me. A review [2] (Dutch) suggests that it has an Atheros chip inside, so it might work with 100% libre firmware. I can't find a detailed spec to confirm that, though. If someone has more information about it, please speak up. Or, if you're interested in this device, contact them to ask about their free software support.

[1] http://www.tp-link.com/products/productDetails.asp?class=wlan&content=fea&pmodel=TL-WR1043ND [2] http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/251996/tp-link-tl-wr1043nd.html#tab:reviews