[gNewSense-users] setting audio on Yeeloong

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: [gNewSense-users] setting audio on Yeeloong
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 12:45:53 +0200

Hi everybody,

can anyone explain how to make audio working on the Yeeloong (gNS 3)?

This is what I've done so far:

aptitude install alsa-base
alsamixer
(put volume up in relevant names, such as Master and PCM)

I also added snd in /etc/modules and rebooted.

I'm trying mainly to play .midi files using timidity.
I've enabled the ALSA sequencer by decommenting the line
TIM_ALSASEQ=true
in /etc/default/timidity

When I launch timidity I get no errors, except for these lines:

Playing time: ~76 seconds
Notes cut: 590
Notes lost totally: 48

If I open an .mp3 or .ogg from a terminal with VLC, again no error
message.
And no audio, of course.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,