[gNewSense-users] Re: Yacy, Tor and Freenet in gNewSense-mipsel

From: Niklas Cholmkvist
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Yacy, Tor and Freenet in gNewSense-mipsel
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 21:19:29 +0300

Hi,

Been a long time since you first posted this (Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:35:50
+0100) but I'll reply because I've had some success with tor and
vidalia(a front-end for tor), and Iceweasel 3.5.3 using the free(as in
freedom) extension Torbutton.

I managed to compile tor and vidalia. I used privoxy from the
repository. I didn't choose privoxy because it's better but because I
mistakenly thought that polipo was malfunctioning. I now have 2 debian
packages(by checkinstall) for mipsel(tor and vidalia). Now I've just
managed to successfully surf through tor to www.gnu.org and
check.torproject.org .

I don't have anything to say about Yacy or Freenet. I've only briefly
read about them on wikipedia.

Best wishes,

Niklas