Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote: network interfaces down at startup

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Lemote: network interfaces down at startup
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 14:11:56 +0200

Federico Bruni schreef:
On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 23:04 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
Federico Bruni schreef:
Hi all,

I have the following problem:

when I start the system network interfaces are all down (except for lo).
I'm not using any network manager.

I used rcconf to disable /etc/init.d/networking, in order to avoid waste
of time at startup (because interfaces are down so DHCP makes several
tries in vain).
I had a quick look at this. The wifi chip is switched on by /etc/init.d/yeeloong-base. The boot sequence starts with runlevel S (including networking), followed by runlevel 2 (including yeeloong-base). So it tries to bring up the network while it is still unavailable.

This is my unconfirmed suspicion. If this is true then you should be able to get it working by linking /etc/init.d/yeeloong-base in /etc/rcS.d/ before networking.

Could you please tell me how to achieve that?
Should I just use a symbolic link?

ln -s /etc/rcS.d/yeeloong-base /etc/init.d/yeeloong-base

Try ln -s /etc/init.d/yeeloong-base /etc/rcS.d/S38yeeloong-base