Re: [gNewSense-users] "Debian Women" -> "gNewSense Women" (but free-libr

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] "Debian Women" -> "gNewSense Women" (but free-libre choice of words)
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 20:02:49 +0200

Niklas Cholmkvist schreef:
Hi,

Has anyone heard of the Debian Women group? Does such a group(but more
in the spirit of Free-Libre and linux-libre) for a fully free software
distribution with linux-libre already exist? Would you like to see one?

I'm interested in efforts to increase female participation in free software. I'm not aware of such a group for any/all free software distro(s), but I don't think it should be distro-specific, or even free distro-specific, unless there's a real need to. Why not join the Libreplanet effort [1] instead?

[1] http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Women%27s_Caucus/index