Re: [gNewSense-users] network connection

From: dajo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] network connection
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:31:55 -0600

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your comments, which clearly took some effort on your part.
However, I regret that I still do not understand how it is that there is a
common reluctance to write "I use a <name here> network card successfully
under gNewSense".  As I have indicated before, I wanted to use free
software but was held back by my existing network card; so, when I had
some time, I bought a couple of cards, flipped a coin, chose a card, and,
lo and behold, got lucky the first time - it worked.  Hence:

I use a D-Link DGE-530T (wired) network card successfully under gNewSense.

I realize that this is a very small piece of information; I cannot even
tell you which driver is in use - but it is already in gNewSense 2.3.  I
have informed address@hidden

dajo