Re: [gNewSense-users] some problems after installing some things

From: Richard
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] some problems after installing some things
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:44:45 +0200

Hi and thankyou for your helping

>>> Also i can't start epiphany. It says "Epiphany can't be used now.
>>> Mozilla initialization failed." Even i can't install "mozilla".
>>> Synaptic says "Could not mark all packages for installation or
>>> ugrade, whit: mozilla:"

>Does it give more information when you start epiphany-browser from a
>terminal?

No all i get is: "** (epiphany-browser:6709): WARNING **: Could not find
a suitable GRE!"

I unintalled allmost everything from the firefox team, but i still can't
use epihany.

Is there a .deb package where i can install epihany from?

>>> So i read somewhere it could be a problem by firefox. But i would
>>> like to use my bookmarks in epiphany, even if epiphany is broken for
>>> a while.
>>>
>>> Does anybody now where on my computer i find the bookmarks of
>>> epiphany? Does anybody had similar proplems with epiphany?

Apparently those bookmarks are in ~/.gnome2/epiphany/bookmarks.rdf. I
don't know how you can import them into IceCat.

Oh thankyou, i now can use my bookmarks.